The Judd trade revisited

Just finished trawling through 50,000 odd unread posts.

The most surprising item was the thread on us potentially getting Judd way back in the 2007 trade period.

Suggestions we would need to give up picks 2 and 18.

We selected Cotchin and Rance with those picks.

Thankfully Judd completely ignored.

I wonder how serious we were? Reckon that Carlton had to pay more because of our interest.

Testing my memory, but I seem to recall Judd only entertained the Saints and the Dees as alternative options, more so as decoys I suspect.

The 2 and 18 was our discussion.

From what l recall @#%&ton, @#%&wood, Essendon and Melbourne (being the club he supported as a kid or so l recall) were the only clubs considered seriously by Judd. Thinking he may have toured our facilities but he was seriously underwhelmed by what we had to offer.

Judd won them the final against us but that is about it as far as final success goes for the scum bag club.

I was responding to Jool’s question. The point being that Judd wasn’t serious about the Tigers, so whether we were serious and considered trading anything is a moot point. It was never going to happen. So we can be “thankful” for nothing.

Probably good that he didn’t land at the Pies … they would likely have won 2 in a row and Malthouse would have stayed a little longer and not had the chance to totally screw up Carlscum. But I digress…

Well l am thankful Judd chose to ignore us.

We’d have three flags now if the Juddman had joined us.

Which years? Assuming Cotchin and Rance weren’t with us and probably Riewoldt given Carlscum had to give up Josh Kennedy on top of their first 2 picks. JK was pick #4 in his year.

Good point @Lazza we would have sold what farm we had.

Cotchin’s a Brownlow medallist

Rance 4 time All Australian and this years AA Captain

Riewoldt a 2 time Coleman medal winner and also an AA

All 3 are premiership players I like that they are all playing for us

Personally would not change anything, any decision good or bad over the previous 37 years as l still that winners glow.

Right now watching the last quarter against Geelong. Martin a beast and the rest running all over the Cats. Loving it.

Bruce just said that he thought Adelaide were the premiership favourites after the night before but now he was not so sure. Loving it